VISTA’S COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING CUSTOMER PRIVACY
At Vista Radio Ltd. (“Vista”) we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers’ personal information. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is safe and secure, including putting in place rigorous policies and procedures to fully comply with all Canadian privacy laws and regulations.
Further information about how Vista collects, uses, and discloses your account and personal information can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions online at www.vistaradio.ca/privacy.
Why does Vista collect personal information?
Your relationship with Vista means that we collect and use account and personal information about you.
This information helps Vista manage our business operations for the following reasons:
- To deliver you the products and services you have purchased from us, and to bill you and collect payment for those products and services.
- To understand your needs and make customized information available regarding other products and services offered by Vista and our agents, dealers and related companies, or trusted third parties that may be of interest to you. For example, we will collect your current and historical personal location information associated with any device you use under your agreement(s) with us to provide geolocation services to you to that sends you offers and promotions from our carefully chosen third parties.
- To provide tailored service to you. For example, we may use account information about to you improve your interactions with us or provide a positive and personalized customer experience.
- To perform analytics, administer surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you.
- To ensure Vista’s network is functioning and protect the integrity of our network.
- To confirm or authenticate your identity and ensure your information is correct and up-to-date.
- To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements.
We can also collect information from third-party credit agencies or other Vista affiliates, to manage credit and business risks; collect an outstanding debt; detect, prevent, manage, and investigate fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We may also collect personal and account information about you to evaluate your eligibility for other Vista products and services, and to assist other Vista affiliates, to assess your eligibility for their products or services.
We may also collect personal information about you for other purposes from time-to-time, or as permitted or required by law. We will always identify any additional purpose prior to or at the time of collection.
How does Vista obtain consent?
Your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your account and personal information may be implied or express, through written, oral, electronic or any other method.
The choice to provide Vista with your consent is always yours, however, your decision to withhold such consent may limit our ability to provide you with certain products, services, or offers.
What can Vista do with my account and personal information?
Vista will only use your account and personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
For example, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To offer you products and services from other companies or trusted parties that we think you may find attractive.
- To provide geo-location services that will send you offers and promotions from carefully chosen third parties based on your current and historical personal location information.
- To allow other Vista Radio’s companies to directly provide you offers about their products and services.
When will Vista disclose information about me?
Unless we have your express consent or pursuant to a legal power, we will only disclose your personal information to organizations outside the Vista organization without your consent in the following limited circumstances:
- To a person who, in our reasonable judgement, is seeking the information as your agent.
- To a service provider or other agent retained by us, such as a credit reporting agency, for account management, the collection of past due bills on your account, or to evaluate your creditworthiness.
- To a service provider or third party that is performing administrative functions for us to manage our customer accounts.
- To another organization for fraud prevention, detection or investigation if seeking consent from you would compromise the investigation.
- To a law enforcement agency whenever we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have knowingly supplied us with false or misleading information or are otherwise involved in unlawful activities.
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority if it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority, for emergency public alerting purposes, if a public authority has determined that there is an imminent or unfolding danger that threatens the life, health or security of an individual and that the danger could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- To a third party who may be interested in buying Vista assets and personal customer must be shared in order to assess the business transaction.
We will disclose information about your credit behaviour to credit reporting agencies or parties collecting outstanding debt.
Your personal and account information may also be shared with other Vista affiliates.
How long will Vista retain my personal information?
Vista will only retain your personal or account information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for sufficient time to allow you access to the information if it was used to make a decision about you or your account. Information that is no longer required by us will be destroyed or anonymized.
What if I disagree with the accuracy of my personal information Vista has about me?
Vista ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may ask to review the information we have about you at any time. You can challenge its accuracy and completeness and request amendments, as appropriate, by writing to us at Vista Radio Ltd., 201-910 Fitzgerald Ave, Courtenay, BC, V9N 2R5.
Where will my personal information be stored?
Account and personal information about our customers may be stored or processed in or outside Canada.
The information will be protected with appropriate safeguards, but may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is held.
How will Vista ensure my personal information is kept safe?
Vista has rigorous security and safeguard processes and procedures to ensure customer information remains safe from theft, loss or unauthorized access.
Vista ensures that we are responsible for all customer information in our possession and control, and we ensure that there is a comparable level of protection for information that is processed for us by third parties.
How can I get more information?
How can I access my personal information that is retained by Vista?
You can access your personal information retained by us by writing to us at Vista Radio Ltd., 201-910 Fitzgerald Ave, Courtenay, BC, V9N 2R5.
How can I get more information about Canada’s privacy laws?
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Vista’s personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Vista you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
By Phone: 1 800 282 1376 or 819 994 5444
By Fax: 819 994 5424
By TTY: 819 994 6591