Welcome to Vista Radio, we are currently hiring a Sr. News Reporter/Editor in Bolton, Ontario.
If you live in the area and have a passion for News and storytelling, then please read on.
We work to be detail oriented, accurate and timely for a news environment.
We work in a collaborative and supportive environment so you can develop your skills to be a self-starter and a leader.
We empower our employees to shape company culture. Our culture includes being committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment.
- Contribute to and maintain the station(s) local news and website brands
- Researching and writing news stories
- Executing a local broadcast
- Represent the radio station in the community
- Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
- Establish a weekly one-on-one call with direct reports within the cluster
- Liaise with the Vista Director of News weekly or on an as needed basis to ensure local news content is being fulfilled
- Train and provide cluster news staff with story ideas and coach on localizing national/international stories.
- Train and coach on writing skills and edit stories before going to air or online
- Establish scheduling for sick days, holiday coverage etc.
- Participate weekly in a writing check/air-check session of your own work with Vista’s Director of News
- Participate in Vista News conference calls
- Minimum 3 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- A valid driver's license
Apply online at VistaRadio.ca or email a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume, as well as samples of your writing, to Wendy Gray at email@example.com.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Only applicants that are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered.