Sales Manager- Smithers, BC
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Sales Manager will oversee the sales functions in Smithers, including relationship building, people management and business functions. The ideal candidate is someone with strong analytical, systems and communication skills and is able to provide value added insights which contribute to optimal decision making in support of the Company's goals and objectives. If you are an outgoing, adventurous, passionate professional with a winning attitude this is the job for you!
- 100% aligned with the Vista Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Client and Community Involvement, Innovative thinking and Passion
- Assist in creating and maintaining the highest levels of personal and team productivity with
enthusiasm, and commitment to outstanding customer service
- Support, promote and implement all Corporate Policies, Initiatives and Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the employees comply and use them effectively.
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate and coach employees
- Conduct performance appraisals on Account Executives, and provides regular feedback, including administering corrective actions
- Meet and exceed the station’s local retail and digital sales budgets
- Help develop and maintain current clients lists with all Account Executives
- Represent the station and become involved in the community
- Enhance the performance and image of our Station and the Company as a whole
- Demonstrated ability to deal with both problems and interpersonal situations with positive results
- 3 years minimum experience in Sales Management
- Successful candidate must be a team builder, with a strong work ethic and lead by example
- Be able to lead a sales team to obtain sales budgets and goals
- Be able to develop business relationships within the community and be a civic leader
- Superior communication skills, solid problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that is based on team & individual effort.
- Valid driver’s license
- Inter-cluster travel may be required