Your next big break is here! Vista Radio is hiring for an announcer/Program Director in Lethbridge, AB. We need a versatile, hard working person with a positive, can-do attitude to fill some big shoes in a great city.
This is a great opportunity to advance your career and develop your radio skills with a fast-growing company in an awesome place to live and work.
Be part of the Lethbridge community – LIVE, WORK & PLAY there!
Life in Lethbridge strikes a balance between the feel of a close-knit small community and the services and amenities of a growing urban centre.
Living in Lethbridge, you’ll find a diverse population, two modern post-secondary institutions, a thriving arts and culture scene, top-notch recreational facilities all set against a stunning natural environment within a community where collaboration is king.
Lethbridge is two hours south of Calgary, Canada’s third largest city and a major transportation hub for the region, and one hour from the U.S. border. Lethbridge’s location in the heart of southern Alberta also puts it in close proximity to premier attractions like Waterton Lakes National Park, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump World Heritage Site and Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park. The Oldman River runs through the middle of the city, creating scenic coulees, verdant valley parkland and boundless recreational opportunities.
- Act as one of our key / primary announcers - performing an entertaining and exhilarating local show that not only retains but attracts listeners locally and beyond
- Conduct voice tracking
- Create a safe, fun, challenging work environment where you lead a team from the trenches
- Coach Talent to become amazing story tellers and local celebs
- Ensure Vista content strategy is executed consistently on air and online
- Music Editing
- Able and willing to work flexible hours
- Assist to develop creative promotions that are both digital and radio combined
- Responsible for growing audience both on air and online
- Stay on top of local community events, appear at local events and remote broadcasts in order to enhance our reputation as a strong supporter of local organizations and events
- Regularly post and interact on social media to find exciting new ways to interact and engage with the listener
- Work with the Sales to create unique opportunities that will provide additional promotion and that WOW factor that meets a client's needs
Position Qualifications & Requirements
- Completion of a broadcasting program through a reputable program with 2-3 years’ experience in industry or a proven track record and references
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Pro-active nature and a natural self-starter
- Ability to interact with the team at all levels, the clients as well as the general public
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to use and promote a positive company image on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Be an innovation machine
- Conceptual, creative thinker and problem solver
- Understand the meaning of local and relevance
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, and Enco software is a significant asset
- Music editing experience with GSelector or MusicMaster
To apply for this exciting opportunity please submit your resume to Peter John Deys, General Manager 98.1 2dayFM Lethbridge at email@example.com.
Please attach a link to a SoundCloud/YouTube audio demo with your application