Are you a detail-oriented news hound who wants to be part of a winning team? Are you social media savvy and ready to implement your vision in a dynamic, exciting environment? ... If your answer is yes, then apply to be News Supervisor in Ontario’s Cottage Country with Vista Radio.
Are you looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
Success: In all of our markets, Vista dominates the local information provided to our audiences. Vista is the go-to on-air and online for local information that impacts our audience in the most valuable and effective way.
Impact: In small to medium markets the impact your work has is seen through affecting real change in your community. Telling stories about local people and issues can have a positive impact on the audience.
Cutting Edge: In an ever-changing world of information overload Vista strives to provide information to the audience how they want to receive it. At Vista, we aren’t just your “regular” radio broadcaster, focusing on a multimedia and multi-platform approach to delivering local news.
Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 42 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
- To maintain the station(s) local news and website brands
- Researching and writing news stories
- Executing an excruciatingly local broadcast
- Represent the radio station at community events
- Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
- Develop an air check schedule for all on-air news talent within the cluster
- Establish a weekly one-on-one call with direct reports within the market
- Liaise with the National News Director bi-weekly or on an as needed basis to ensure local news content is being fulfilled
- Provide cluster news staff with story ideas (including streeters), coaching and mentoring on localizing large national/international stories.
- Establish scheduling for sick days, holiday coverage etc.
- Participate in the National News Director’s “Coach the Coaches” monthly writing and air check sessions of your own work
- Participate in the monthly Vista News conference call
- Minimum 3 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume.
Resumes without demos will be ignored.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.