Vista Radio is looking for a News Reporter in its Yellowknife newsroom. If you have always wanted to live in the The Land of the Midnight Sun, known worldwide for its Northern Lights and endless summer days, then this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
You're detail oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
You're comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room. Well, as comfortable as the locker room gets!
You're a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
- Be a part of the community
- Executing a local and regionally diverse newscast
- Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
- Reading local news in the morning
- Managing multiple social media platforms and updating as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Capable of producing news audio and video
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Email your resume to email@example.com Please include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo, along with your resume and writing samples.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.