Are you a detail-oriented news hound who wants to be part of a winning team? Are you social media savvy and ready to implement your vision in a dynamic, exciting environment? If your answer is yes, then apply to be a news reporter in North Bay, Ontario with Vista Radio.
Are you looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference? Then join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 42 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
- Researching and writing news stories
- Interviewing local news-makers
- Executing a local and regionally diverse newscast
- Represent the radio station at community events
- Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
- Participate weekly in a writing check/air-check session of your work with Senior Reporter/Editor
- Minimum 2 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Email your resume to Wendy Gray, Director of News at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume, as well as samples of your writing.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.