Live, work and play on Vancouver Island, British Columbia!
Vista Radio is looking for a News Reporter in Nanaimo, BC. This bustling, ocean-side community is the second-largest city on Vancouver Island. It is minutes away from countless hiking trails and natural wonders, and about an hour from world-class skiing on Mount Washington. If you like being outside 365, this is your dream come true.
You are detail-oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
You are a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You are comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
About the Job:
Please note, this is a contract position, initially for 6 months with the potential of further extension.
- Be a prominent part of the community
- Building and strengthening relationships in the market.
- Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
- Producing news audio and video as required
- Recording morning news for two radio stations
- Acting as the primary reporter for Nanaimo and Sechelt, working from our downtown Nanaimo location.
- Managing multiple social media platforms and updating as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.