Here it is. Your next big break.
- You've been in the field as a reporter.
- You've covered councils, courtrooms, locker rooms and you're ready to lead your own newsroom.
- You're detail-oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
- You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
- You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
If this is you, apply now to be our News Reporter in Castlegar, BC with the GOAT FM!
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 41 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 65 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
- Be a part of the community, live, work, and play here
- Researching and writing news stories
- Executing an excruciatingly local broadcast
- Voice tracking broadcasts, as required
- Represent the radio station at community events
- Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Send your cover letter, resume, and audio demo to Mike Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.