Live, work and play in the land of the Northern Lights! Magical skylines...endless summers.
Vista Radio is looking for a news reporter in our Yellowknife newsroom. If you have always wanted to live in one of the most picturesque places in Canada, this is your chance. If you love everything about the outdoors and a complete sense of community, you’ll love it here!
You're detail-oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right. You're comfortable in the council chamber, the courtroom, or the locker room (well, as comfortable as the locker room gets)
You're a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example. You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
- Be a part of the community
- Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
- Managing multiple social media platforms and updating as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Capable of producing news audio and video
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.