Vista Radio is looking for a Jr news reporter / anchor in our Prince George newsroom. The position reports to the News Supervisor and is part of a news team who provides content for both on-air and online.
- Prepare and deliver daily on-air newscasts for Prince George and region
- Write multiple online stories daily, including enterprise stories (wordpress platform)
- Attend news events throughout Prince George
- Gather actualities both in the field and by phone for newscasts
- Post stories, pictures and videos to various social media platforms
- Take part in daily news meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a radio, broadcast or journalism course or experience equivalent
- Strong writing skills for both online and on-air
- Strong on-air delivery
- Able to source out enterprise stories (features)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy open concept newsroom
- Must become familiar with the newsmakers and geography of Prince George
- Ability to work both individually and with a team
- Able to work varying shifts, including weekends
- A valid British Columbia driver's license (or able to transfer)
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
Success: In all of our markets, Vista dominates the local information provided to our audiences. Vista is the go-to on-air and online for local information that impacts our audience in the most valuable and effective way.
Impact: In small to medium markets the impact your work has, is seen through affecting real change in your community. Telling stories about local people and issues can have a positive impact on the audience.
Email your resume to email@example.com . Please attach a link to a Soundcloud / YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.