Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 41 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 65 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Reporting to the Vice President - Content, the Human Resources Coordinator supports the organization’s human resource needs by implementing and maintaining human resources policies, programs, and practices that fit with the organizations strategic vision. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your HR generalist skills in a progressive and growing company.
This position is located in Courtenay, BC.
Located on the central east coast of Vancouver Island, the city of Courtenay is the urban, business and cultural hub of the Comox Valley. If you’re into recreation, this is your place! There’s loads of golfing, hiking, mountain biking, fossil-hunting and walking tours…all within a stone’s throw of the city!
If you are detail oriented, thrive on building relationships and enjoy a fast paced, varied and fun work environment, then this is the role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Managing the recruitment process, including, coordinating job requisitions and approval processes, drafting job postings, interviewing and conducting reference checks.
● Preparing offer letters and new hire paperwork.
● Coordinating the group benefits and disability management programs.
● Updating and maintaining the internal ADP site for basic employee information and payroll processing.
● Providing guidance and support related to employee relations and performance management in a timely and confidential manner.
● Maintaining and updating human resource related policies and programs, as needed and ensuring that all policies and programs in place are in adherence to legal and regulatory standards.
● Assisting with the development, tracking, and enforcement of company health and safety policies.
● Completing general HR administrative tasks such as maintaining employee and HR files.
● Managing the Employment Equity reporting process.
● Coordinating the annual performance management and compensation review program and providing support/coaching to Managers throughout the process.
● Preparing HR related reports for analysis and review with Management, as needed.
● 3+ years in progressively responsible HR roles in a multi-location context, preferably in an environment of constant change and evolution
● Experience with commission based compensation structures and incentive plans is an asset
● Post- secondary education in Human Resources or related field
● Knowledge of Canadian labor law and HR best practices
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Ability to work in an environment of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
● High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
If you are interested in this exciting role please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.