Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. We're privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Role: Broadcast Technician
Location: Prince George, BC
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the Broadcast Technician will be responsible for maintaining the B.C. North cluster of radio stations, and it’s broadcast-technical processes.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of FM/AM broadcast transmitter systems.
- Critical thinking to diagnose RF and transmission systems issues. Diagnose equipment heath onsite and remotely, determine options in the field to repair, dismantle affected components for off-site for repair, replacement and installation.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all radio studio equipment, including AXIA IP audio consoles, nodes, processors, analog consoles, mixers, microphones, amps, speakers, STL’s.
- Troubleshoot issues in mixed digital and analog environments. Installation, maintenance and ongoing troubleshooting of broadcast computers and all hardware components that operate the ENCO Radio automation systems, servers, regulatory audio loggers, IP online streams and audio distribution systems.
- Maintain the building infrastructure, documentation and inspection reports of current or future problems, implementation and schedule preventative measures and help improve uptime.
- Proactive monitoring of critical equipment and ready to make the necessary adjustments to keep critical systems online and content delivery systems online and operating. Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of software radio automation computer systems and their related networks, routers, switches and wireless access points. Provide remote and hands-on technical support for staff, including technical support for remote broadcasts.
- Liaise with management to address facility issues with HVAC, Power outages, generators, internet and phone outages working towards restoration.
- Travel to transmitter sites for regular equipment maintenance, testing and site cleanup such as vegetation removal near towers and building entrances.
- After Hours and On-Call hours as required, emergency after-hours response for critical and off-air situations. Local travel required.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent applicable and direct radio engineering experience in the role of a Broadcast Engineer.
- Graduate of an electronics technician or technologist program preferred.
- High degree of technical skills and aptitude
- Self-motivated, reliable and safety conscious
- Detail-oriented, well organized and the ability to strategically prioritize work in response to changing needs or to critical and off-air emergencies.
- A desire to grow within the industry and learn about new trends and standards.
- A positive attitude with a superb customer service approach.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all climates
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving abstract, criminal record check.
Email your resume to Luke Mills (email@example.com) or apply at www.vistaradio.ca/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.