Are you looking for your first BIG break?
Are you straight outta school with little to no experience?! That’s not a problem, if you are a highly creative, dynamic individual with a hard-core passion for great radio.
We’ve been “putting the wattage in your cottage” for over 25 years and we are looking for the next BIG talent to help us evolve into the next 25 years.
CAREERS AT VISTA RADIO
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 42 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. As the first broadcaster in Canada to embrace cloud-based music distribution, Vista truly is Canada’s most innovative radio company.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. We operate 4 radio stations in Ontario's Cottage Country and our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
- Be a storyteller with creative, compelling content
- Create and execute station promotions
- Maintain station social media pages and websites
- Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances, as required
- Attend regular air checks
- Liaise with clients as necessary
- Assist sales and develop creative promotions
- Prepare a great show for our audience
- Voice track shifts as necessary
- Voice commercials for other Vista properties as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self- starter (is a big-time necessity)
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid class 5 driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, and Enco is a big-time plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Familiarity with G Selector an asset
Please attach a link to a SoundCloud/YouTube audio demo with your application.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a link to a SoundCloud/YouTube audio demo to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.