Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 33 MyTownNow websites.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
About the Job:
Vista Radio has an immediate opening for an Account Executive, based in Espanola, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing communication campaigns that integrate advertising, public relations, sales promotion as well as marketing disciplines to deliver consistent messages across local Broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Developing creative sales strategies and proposals for new customers and subsequently, developing ads for client approval and implementation.
- Developing new business; specifically, new revenue streams from unassigned accounts. Providing on-going customer support to ensure optimal service levels at all times.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly/quarterly/yearly radio and web revenue targets.
- Managing accounts receivables pertaining to the Account Executive’s accounts.
- Sales experience, as well as knowledge and experience with commission structured business an asset
- Radio and digital sales experience is considered an asset
- Education in sales and marketing preferred; entrepreneurial background welcomed
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high level of initiative, autonomy and self-motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
- Strong computer skills - specifically Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional business customer service and networking skills
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively in an effort to resolve problems and develop unique solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that is based on team and individual effort
- A valid driver’s license and reliable, fully insured automobile is required
- Proven track record in business development
E-mail your resume and cover letter to Peter Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.