Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 44 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team! With more than 225 employees, our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Advisor will support the organization’s Human Resources (HR) function by implementing and maintaining HR policies, programs, and practices that align with HR best practices, as well as the overall culture and strategy of the organization. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your HR generalist skills in a progressive and growing company.
Located on the central east coast of Vancouver Island, the city of Courtenay is the urban, business, and cultural hub of the Comox Valley. If you are into recreation, this is your place! Plenty of outdoor activities such as golfing, hiking, mountain biking, fossil-hunting, and walking tours…all within a stone’s throw of the city!
This position is located in Courtenay, B.C., though an alternate location could be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the recruitment process including, but not limited to: assisting with job requisitions and obtaining requisite approval, managing job postings, shortlisting candidates, as well as interviewing and conducting reference checks.
- Preparing offer letters and new hire paperwork.
- Coordinating the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Coordinating the group benefits and disability management programs.
- Updating and maintaining the existing internal ADP site for basic employee information and payroll processing.
- Acting as a key project team leader accountable for the successful implementation of a new Human Resources Information System (‘HRIS’).
- Providing guidance and support related to employee relations and performance management in a timely and confidential manner.
- Working closely with the HR Director to develop, implement and maintain HR policies and programs, as needed; ensuring that all policies and programs in place are in adherence to legal and regulatory standards.
- Assisting with the development, tracking, and enforcement of company Health and Safety policies.
- Completing general HR administrative tasks, such as maintaining personnel files.
- Managing the Employment Equity reporting process.
- Coordinating the annual performance management and compensation review program and providing support/coaching to Managers throughout the process.
- Preparing HR-related reports for analysis and review with Management, as needed.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible HR roles in a multi-location context, preferably in an environment of constant change and evolution.
- Experience with commission-based compensation structures and incentive plans is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field.
- Knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, Canadian employment law and HR best practices.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Email your resume to Teri Brigden at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.