Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista Radio is privileged to operate 43 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 33 MyTownNow websites.
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 250 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and is committed to generating exceptional local radio.
About The Job:
Country 97FM is Prince George's Home of Today's Best Country and we're looking for a Morning Co-host who absolutely LOVES country music.
You are a morning person with LOADS of energy and creativity and you are passionate about making great, local radio! You get along with everyone and think that working in a team is paradise! You want to meet the public at station promotions and events and you are, "Best In Class," when it comes to client remotes. Radio is your life and you are ready to bring it to Central British Columbia and you are prepared to be #1!
- Prepare and Co-Host a Morning Show
- Prepare daily ‘best of the Morning Show’ feature
- Be a storyteller with creative, compelling content
- Maintain station social media pages and websites
- Responsible for growing audience both on air and online
- Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances, as required
- Assist in developing creative promotions
- Attend regular air checks
- Liaise with clients as necessary
- Voice track shifts as necessary
- Voice commercials for other Vista properties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Minimum 3 years of broadcast experience
- Proficiency with social media
- Must enjoy a fast-paced work environment that is based on team & individual effort
- High level of initiative/self-motivation, goal oriented
- Conceptual, creative thinker and problem solver
- Solid audio editing and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
- Ability to remain calm under pressure to meet deadlines and to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Please apply online at www.VistaRadio.ca or email your demo (link), cover letter and resume to Kurt Flesher at email@example.com
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals